Recently I’ve been experiencing so much anxiety around growing older. I am coming close to 30, and no where close to where I thought I would be. I know, I know.. you’re probably thinking pfftt 30!? that is so young girl, you have so much life to live! I totally agree, but this whole thing called life is pretty darn scary sometimes, and for someone who deals with chronic anxiety
, these thoughts just kinda happen…often. I hate to say I am programmed this way, but sometimes it really feels like I am. I too am figuring this whole life thing out.
I imagined a life so different from this, it’s hard to not feel the weight of every passing year and the constant reminder of the destination I have yet to reach. That is not to say I am not grateful for the life I have lived or currently living. I am thankful everyday for all that I have, all the opportunities I have been given, the amazing family I get to call mine, the most beautiful best friends that are my anchors but sometimes, anxiety makes you forget you have any of this.
I wanted to write this for anyone who happens to stumble across this post and is dealing with something similar. This is your reminder that you too, are worth it. Yes, sometimes it’s debilitating feeling so much all at once, but you have to bring yourself back to reality and remind yourself of how far you’ve come, how many countless victories you have achieved and tell yourself, that this isn’t it, there is so much more life to live.
Take each moment as it happens and embrace it whole-heartedly. I have missed out on so many beautiful moments and memories that could have been created, but I was too busy in my own head creating a life I was too scared to live. It has held me back from so much and before you know it, its all over. Don’t allow yourself to be limited by your own fears; push through, challenge yourself-no matter how uncomfortable you might feel. I can guarantee the reward will be much greater than that which you sacrifice in order to attain it, I promise.
I haven’t figured it all out, trust me. I am learning everyday how to deal with my anxiety and fear, and not feeling good enough, and occasionally, it gets the best of me and sometimes, I can beat it but that is part of my life, and I am dealing with it the best that I know how. If there is anything I have learned, it is that there is no right or wrong. Life is all about an endless amount of decisions and mistakes we have to make to get to where we would like to be. I may not be where I thought I would be, and that is okay. We all have our own journey and this is mine.
All you can do is your best, okay?
Tips to Manage Anxiety
- Learn what triggers your anxiety & stay away from it (comparing my life to others, No Bueno for me. Write in your journal when you are experiencing anxiety and try to identify a trigger pattern )
- Deep Breaths ( No really, it’s that simple, deep breathes Y’all)
- Eat a well balanced diet (Rich in nutrients to fuel the body, mind & soul;makes a huge difference, let me tell ya!)
- Give back (volunteer, help a friend, give your time to those who need it, it’ll leave you feeling seriously fulfilled)
- Accept what you cannot change (put your stress into perspective; is it really as bad as your think?
- Do your best (stop striving for perfection, stop being afraid of failure; instead, acknowledge how far you have come)
“I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear”-Steve Maraboli
Be Fearless my Friends,