I personally find anything wrapped in rice paper rolls quite amazing (especially when you pair it with a spicy peanut sauce), but you have to give this tofu mint one a try friends. I make a mean muggin’ seasoned shrimp one too (which I will post one of these days for ya’ll) but till then, these tofu mint rolls will make your tastebuds make a run for their money! If you want to find out how to make these rolls,
* Makes roughly 12 Rolls
- Rice Paper
- Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Cups of Lettuce
- 1 Cup of Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Cup of Cilantro
- 2 Red bell Peppers
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Cup of Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 1/3 Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chili Paste ( Brand: Sambal Oelek)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
*The first step I highly recommend is to prepare all your vegetables (like shown on the photo above), this allows for easy assembling and does not give the damp rice paper time to dry out.
1.Wash and Julienne (thinly sliced) all your vegetables and lay them out separately on a plate.
2.Cut your tofu into thin squares and allow it to fry on a heated pan with sesame oil & salt. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes on high.
3.Once the tofu has cooked & cooled, you can start assembling the rolls.
4. In a slightly shallow plate, pour hot water and immerse the rice paper and allow it to soften (8-12 seconds will do it)
5. Take the softened rice paper and lay it flat on a dry plate, start putting a few slices of each vegetable and about 4 pieces of tofu on the rice paper, starting from the bottom, up. This way you can allow for a tight roll (Don’t over fill the rice paper, it won’t close tightly!)
- Don’t give up after a few attempts, it is tricky at first but you’ll get a hang of it and it will be totally worth it!
6. Once you have placed all your ingredients on the bottom of the rice paper, you are ready to roll. Take the bottom of the rice paper and roll it over all your ingredients, tightly tucking it underneath the vegetables and tofu. Take both sides and bring them inwards (the rice paper will stick very well once it starts to dry), then go ahead and roll in the top to close the roll.
1.In a small bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, chilli paste and soy sauce together until you get a thick consistency that is perfect for dipping. If your sauce is too thick, slowly add hot water until you get your desired consistency!
The mint and cilantro add such a fresh flavour to these rolls that they would be nothing without these key ingredients! If you guys end up trying this recipe let me know how they turn out and if you end up loving them as much as I did!
Dip & Enjoy!
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~Jim Rohn
Enjoy & Be fearless Friends!