Those of you who know me, know that I love to cook! Especially food that is nutritious, healthy and delicious! This is my healthy/hearty version of a “coconut curry”, and it’s absolutely delicious & it’s vegetarian!!!! It’s crazy easy to make and I promise you, it’ll soon become your go-to meal on those cold winter nights. If you would like to know how I made this dish,
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup of Water (for curry)
- 2 cups of Water (for Quinoa)
- 1 Can of Organic Chickpeas
- 1 lime
- 1 Red chilli
- 1 Cup of white or black Quinoa
- Tbsp of Coconut oil
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 Tsp of Pepper
- 1 Tsp of salt
* This recipe can easily feed four people
Total prep and cooking time: 35-45 Minutes
- Rinse and dice your tomatoes, zucchini and red onions, chunkier the better.
- Cut your red chilli in half, keeping the seeds if your want it extra spicy, or devein the seeds if you prefer it slightly spicy.
- Rinse your chickpeas with warm water.
- Start a a pot of water (2 cups) for quinoa, once the water comes to a boil put your 1 cup of quinoa in the pot cook and cook on medium until all the water is gone and the quinoa looks fluffy.
- Using a large pot, pour your coconut oil into a warm pan, once heated toss in your onion and cook until golden
- Once your onions become golden, toss in your zucchini and cook until the zucchini becomes slightly soft.
- Throw in your tomatoes and add all the spices together and mix ingredients together so the spices coat all the vegetables.
- Add in your 1/2 cup of water and chickpeas into the pot and allow the vegetables to simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the spices to infuse into the vegetables and chickpeas.
- Pour your can of coconut milk into the pot and add your red chilli(s) into the pot and allow it all to simmer together for another 10 minutes. By the time the curry is finished, the quinoa would have cooked and cooled down a tad, just in time to serve!
- In a bowl, add in your quinoa and chickpea coconut curry on top and squeeze some lime all over, and it’s ready to be devoured!
I hope you guys try this recipe and enjoy it as much as I did! If you do make it, let me know what you think!
“There’s no passion to be found playing small — in settling for a life that is less than you are capable of living.” -Nelson Mandela
Enjoy & Be Fearless Friends